St John of God Bendigo Hospital
- Completed $41 million redevelopment, which has delivered a new three-storey wing, two brand new integrated operating theatres, a large theatre recovery, new sterilising department, and refurbishment of all existing bedrooms, front entrance, atrium and the Day Procedure Unit, as well as a free car park with flat and easy access into the hospital.
- Expanded rehabilitation and geriatric inpatient services by 34 beds.
- Challenges have included being a fully-operational hospital during the redevelopment.
- Now offer hypnobirthing on maternity ward.
- Ranked at the 99th percentile for doctor satisfaction and the 86th percentile for inpatient satisfaction in the annual Press Ganey Survey of patients from hospitals in the same peer group.
- Recruited seven enrolled nurses and seven registered nurses as part of our graduation program.
Three nurses undertaking the post-graduate critical care course.
- Medical ward involved in First 2 Act research looking at patient clinical education. Because of this, the education suite is now accessed online.
- Third year of the strategic development and implementation of a framework to support patient care.
- Eight caregivers volunteering for evening community meals programs. Generally, this is two hours per person per month.
- Helped various community groups raise more than $17,000 through fundraising events.
- St John of God Health Care Board approval for new Mother Baby Service in Bendigo to provide supported accommodation to young pregnant women at risk of homelessness.
- Horizon House celebrated the official opening of transitional properties in partnership with Haven Homesafe. This service enables young people to move into transitional housing in line with the new tiered service model.
- Bendigo Raphael Service successfully transitioned to the new St John of God Health Care Social Outreach division on 24 April 2017.
- Supported local Aspire Foundation Christmas market, with caregivers volunteering to run a food stall. Funds helped establish the Aspire precinct, Australia’s first faith-based precinct to foster inter-faith collaboration, providing life-long learning opportunities and supporting social entrepreneurs.
- Through the partnership with Weenthunga Health Network, supporting local Aboriginal secondary students interested in health careers, Bendigo Hospital again donated $1,000 in scholarships to three local students.
- Opening of a Direct Assess Unit for medical patients.
- Recruit Director of Mission, Director of Corporate Services, Director of Medical Services.
- Labour ward refurbishment including installation of bath for pain control.
- Introduction of Facebook group for new fathers.
- Addition of consulting suites in Oncology Unit.
- Expand stomal therapy support services.
Location: 133-145 Lily Street, Bendigo
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Darren Rogers
Medical Advisory Chair: Prof Peter Roessler
Accredited doctors: 185
Theatre and procedure rooms: Six theatres, one endoscopy suite, one cardiac interventional laboratory
Services: Day oncology, bariatric surgery, cardiac surgery, day surgery, maternity, sleep services, vascular surgery, allied health, hydrotherapy, pet therapy, rehabilitation, orthopaedic surgery, general surgery, gynaecological surgery, urology, ear, nose and throat surgery, maxillofacial surgery.