St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital
- Continued $17 million redevelopment of hospital facilities. Work included refurbishment of the kitchen and of the medical records storage area, and parking and water storage compliance works.
- The significant lighting improvement program continued.
- Specialist Rehabilitation Service expanded from 41 to 51 beds. The service continues to run at near 100% capacity since this expansion.
- Additional caregivers recruited to provide care for this extended service including a clinical nurse specialist with extensive rehabilitation experience.
- Antenatal classes restructured to cater to first-time parents and parents wanting a refresher course.
Introduced a breastfeeding workshop.
- Expanded oncology-related breast surgery services.
- A 24/7 on-call physician role established for rapid assessment, admission and treatment for general and acute medical care.
- Accreditation achieved against Australian Council on Healthcare Standards EQuIP5 and 10 National Standards.
- New facilities and technologies/equipment – Smith and Nephew Orthopaedic stacks, Alma laser liposuction machine, new CSD sterilising unit.
- Participated in the National Hand Hygiene Audit Program with all three audits achieving results greater than the 80% benchmark.
- Sally Harris appointed Manager, Business Development in January 2017.
- Dr Erin Horsley appointed Director GP Liaison for Mt Lawley and Subiaco Hospitals in February 2017.
- Gail Miller appointed Nurse Unit Manager of the Specialist Rehabilitation Service in December 2016.
- Emma Cook appointed Midwifery Manager in the Family Birthing Unit in November 2016.
- Anna Sanasi appointed Nurse Unit Manager for Pre Admission Clinic and Day Surgery Unit, in addition to her role as Nurse Unit Manager for the Surgical Floor in March 2017.
- Tracey Russon appointed Learning and Development Coordinator in June 2017.
- Frank Loss appointed Occupational Health and Safety Lead Consultant in June 2017.
- Homeless Healthcare chosen as Mt Lawley Hospital’s Charity of the Year, with caregivers donating socks, blankets and toiletries to the charity.
- In June 2017, breast cancer survivor and caregiver Kay Michaels led fundraising efforts to support Purple Bra Day.
- Eight caregivers recognised with the Caregiver Living Values Awards for going beyond their daily duties and reflecting the St John of God Health Care values
- Continue with redevelopment program, which will include the introduction of a new nurse call system and significant plant upgrades.
- Continue to build the reputation of the Specialist Rehabilitation Service as premier rehabilitation service with the introduction of an ambulatory program.
- Continue to promote maternity services as private maternity hospital of choice by increasing the subscription base for the maternity blog.
- Continue with specialist and general practitioner engagement and business development strategy, including growth opportunities in regional areas.
- Continue to develop nurse and midwifery leaders through the RISE program.
- Complete facility-wide parking review to better meet the needs of patients, visitors and caregivers, including the introduction of a TravelSmart program.
Location: Thirlmere Road, Mt Lawley
Chief Executive Officer: Ms Chris Hanna
Medical Advisory Chair: Mr Paul McRae
Accredited doctors: 484
Theatre and procedure rooms: Eight theatres and two procedure rooms
Services: Bariatric surgery, ENT, gastroenterology, general surgery, gerontology, medical, obstetrics and gynaecology, oral maxillofacial, older adult mental health, orthopaedics, paediatric surgery, plastic surgery, rehabilitation, urology.