St John of God Richmond hospital
- The Trauma Recovery Program was the pilot site for Australian Council on Healthcare Standards accreditation, with Richmond receiving seven merits and two recommendations.
- Trauma program research focused on occupational trauma.
- Implementation of annual leave planning process and template for Administrative Services commended with a Gold Standard as an Area of Good Practice in the Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) February Internal Audit.
- A further Gold Standard received for Electro-convulsive Therapy (ECT) procedures from PWC.
- Extended partnerships with Sailors with a Disability, Police Association and Holsworthy Army Base.
- Refurbished St Paul’s and Xavier Units.
- Implemented the recovery and strengths-based approach to care.
- Ms Lorna O’Brien appointed Director of Nursing in January 2017.
- Mr Matthew Ireland appointed Director of Quality, Safety and Development in May 2017.
- Ms Cathy Scott resigned as Director of Mission Integration in June 2017 to take up position of Group Manager Formation. Appointed three additional visiting psychiatrists to cater for a broader range of psychiatric presentations.
- Professor Bryanne Barnett acknowledged for her lifetime in the field of Perinatal Infant Mental Health at the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatry’s Conference in Hong Kong.
- Chief Pharmacist Ms Wendy Slater received Certificate of Life Membership Award by the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia.
- Other appointments included Mr Ryan D’Lima as Consumer Liaison, Ms Susie Morrison as Nurse Unit Manager Trauma Unit, Mr Efraim Rosso as Nurse Unit Manager Drug and Alcohol Unit, Ms Jodie Tollemache as Nurse Unit Manager Mood Disorder Unit, Mr Sean Fitz-Gerald as Clinical Nurse Consultant for Trauma Mental Health, Ms Nicole Leverton as Manager Administrative Operations, and Ms Deborah Morris as Coordinator Pastoral Services.
- Commenced Graduate Nurse Program.
- Commenced collaboration with HMAS Albatross on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and stress management.
- Partnered with Soldier On and the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club to provide a monthly sailing day for the PTSD inpatient program.
- Partnered with the Police Association and Police Legacy in Back-up for Life Expo.
- Convened the fourth annual Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Conference in May 2017.
- Raphael Services Blacktown launched a satellite service at Hawkesbury District Health Services.
- Partnered with Macquarie University to conduct a pilot research project assessing effectiveness of the Circle of Security parenting program in improving parent- infant interactions.
- Continue work on the Richmond Hospital Redevelopment Board Proposal.
- Recruit a new Director of Mission Integration.
- Continue Work Health & Safety Program, which includes outpatient facilities in The Lodge and CCTV and driveway lighting.
Location: 177 Grose Vale Road, North Richmond
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Steve Brooker
Medical Advisory Chair: Dr Jeffrey Bertucen
Accredited doctors: 45
Theatre and procedure rooms: One ECT suite, one TMS suite
Services: Inpatient, outpatient and day mental health programs. Perinatal infant mental health.