St John of God Geelong Hospital
- Completed a $21 million redevelopment including intensive care unit, cardiac care unit, operating theatre, cardiovascular interventional laboratory and education and research facility.
- Achieved national 99th percentile ranking in Press Ganey patient experience results in three categories: day surgery services; emergency department; and inpatient care.
- Commissioned the GMHBA members’ lounge, an innovative area for members to access when at St John of God Geelong Hospital.
- Introduced a new menu management system allowing patients to order meals closer to meal times to improve service offering.
- Expanded robotic surgery program to include thoracic and gynaecological specialties.
- Introduced net promotor score point of care feedback to measure patient experience.
- Introduced CARTwheels art program to allow patients to engage in creative spaces to support healing and recovery.
- Introduced Delta Dogs pet therapy program.
- Theatre Manager Carl Thomas awarded Caregiver of the Year.
- Established GP Liaison Unit led by Dr Janelle Bennett.
- Introduced a Cancer Case Coordinator role to support oncology service.
- Introduced post-graduate nursing training position in emergency department in partnership with Melbourne University.
- Achieved a zero serious lost time injury rate.
- Partnered with local disability employment services to create employment opportunities for people with a disability.
- Total of 82 caregivers volunteered to support the Christ Church (Anglican) breakfast program supporting the homeless.
- Continued to support a range of community organisations such as the White Ribbon Appeal and The Road Home.
- Major partner of Hope Bereavement Program providing support to families who experience the sudden and unexpected death of a child.
- Partnered with Rotary as major sponsor for the Annual District Rotary Conference.
- Hosted Tanzanian midwifery student Ivony Kamala in a western hospital immersion experience.
- Continued to partner with the Geelong Football Club to sponsor their Just Think program educating young people in the community about responsible drinking.
- Expand specialist training program to include General Medicine Registrar position.
- Commence pulmonary rehabilitation program.
- Develop pre-admission and post-surgical bariatric program.
- Complete final stage of kitchen infrastructure upgrade.
- Commence endo-bronchial ultrasound service.
Location: 80 Myers St, Geelong
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Stephen Roberts
Medical Advisory Chair: Mr Peter Callan
Accredited doctors: 461
Theatre and procedure rooms: 13 theatres, two cardiac interventional laboratories
Services: Emergency department, Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Care Unit, cardiology, oncology, medical, surgical obstetrics, rehabilitation, perinatal and infant mental health, community youth mental health.