St John of God Accord
- Accord’s client numbers grew by 44%.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) roll out in North Eastern Metropolitan Area resulted in Accord’s Specialist Services supporting an additional 138 clients.
- Support Coordination acquired 117 clients funded through the NDIS. Allied Health Services acquired 48 clients.
- To support these new Specialist Services clients, full-time-equivalent caregivers increased by two in 2016. Other changes were made to ensure Accord is a provider of choice under the NDIS.
- In May, Accord acquired Marillac Services, bringing 28 new Accommodation clients, 68 Individualised and Community Outreach clients and 36 Respite clients. Marillac also has a Disability Employment Service supporting 155 clients.
- During 2017/18 the inner eastern, southern and western areas will be rolled into the NDIS.
- A 1300 number was introduced to streamline communications and contact.
- The www.accorddisability.org.au information website was introduced.
- Frontline staff participated in an innovation day facilitated by Design Leaders with NAB, developing ideas to present to senior managers.
- Worked with Social Outreach to integrate services and gain economies of scale from restructure of St John of God Social Outreach and implementation of a Community Services Division.
- Respite Service Team Leader, Glen Melbourne awarded the Jennifer Stratton Scholarship for 2017.
Customer Experience Training delivered to caregivers in the North Eastern Metropolitan Area in preparation for the introduction of the NDIS.
- Crucial Conversations Training commenced for managers.
- Continued offering Cert IV in Disability Studies in collaboration with RMIT.
- Zero Tolerance initiative to be delivered to all direct support staff and service delivery managers over the next 12 months.
- Peter Ben, Winner Nillumbik Art Prize (Highly Commended), Nillumbik Art Show.
- Gay O’Connor, Finalist Nillumbik Art Prize, Nillumbik Art Show.
- Positive feedback received from the Community Visitor program, which is managed by the Office of the Public Advocate and involves registered volunteers who visit Shared Supported Accommodation houses to ascertain the quality of service delivered.
- Accord hosted an Art Show for local special development schools, disability service providers and Accord artists to showcase local art.
- Commissioned three pieces of original indigenous art for the Greensborough Community Campus and purchased prints for display at all Accord sites.
- Implement new structure to accommodate growth. Two new regional managers will be appointed with the introduction of the NDIS and acquisition of Marillac Services.
- Integrate Marillac Services with St John of God Accord.
- Continue to transition services under the NDIS.
- Participate in the new Disability Employment Services contract negotiations.
- Undertake full Human Services Standards (HSS) Audit and ISO9001:2015 Certification.
- Enter Enterprise Agreement negotiations for Marillac and Accord Agreements.
- Review and finalise a new strategic plan in harmony with Community Services.
- Pursue partnerships with universities to examine the value of pastoral care services to Accord clients with a disability.
Locations: 48 sites across Melbourne’s northern, eastern, western and southern suburbs
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Tony Hollamby
Services: Professional and innovative services specialising in supporting people with intellectual disabilities, promoting choice, personal development and life experiences, which help people achieve their unique goals and aspirations.