Group Management Committee Biographies
Dr Michael Stanford
CitWA, MB BS (UNSW), MBA (Macq U), Grad cert LCC (ACU), FAICD, FAFPHM, FAIM
Group Chief Executive Officer
- Appointed Group CEO of St John of God Health Care in February 2002.
- More than 30 years’ experience in healthcare management – the last 23 years as Chief Executive Officer of large, complex, multi-campus healthcare organisations.
- Non-executive director of Curtin University, Australian Clinical Labs and WA Chamber of Arts and Culture
- 2010 WA Citizen of the Year Award winner in the industry and commerce category.
- Under Dr Stanford’s leadership, St John of God Health Care has significantly expanded its number of operating divisions, greatly diversified its range of services, increased five fold its size in terms of revenue, and become a recognised leader in the provision of high quality healthcare.
Mrs Tracey Burton
BHA, MBA, GAICD
Executive Director Eastern Hospitals – Appointed October 2010
- More than 30 years’ experience in the Australian health sector including leadership roles in public and private hospitals and within the Catholic healthcare sector across NSW, Queensland and Victoria.
- Previous roles include: CEO St George Private Hospital, Ramsay Health Care; General Manager Corporate Services St Vincent’s & Mater Health Sydney; Executive Director Mater Private Hospital, South Brisbane, and Project Manager and General Manager, Hawkesbury District Health Service.
Ms Cynthia Dowell
BNurs, Prof Cert Health Systems Management
Group Director Nursing Services – Appointed January 2016
- More than 20 years’ experience in the healthcare industry including nursing and executive leadership roles.
- Previous role as Chief Nursing Officer and Executive Director of Surgery and Specialist Services at Melbourne’s St Vincent’s Hospital.
- Fellow of the Williamson Community Leadership Program.
Mr John Fogarty
Dip App Sc, B.Bus (Bus Admin), MBA, Grad Cert LCC, GAICD
Executive Director, Western Australian Hospitals – Appointed January 2017
- Executive Director Perth Southern Hospitals; Chief Executive Officer, St John of God Murdoch Hospital – from September 2013 to January 2017
- 30 years’ experience in the Australian healthcare system across public, private for-profit and not-for-profit hospitals and the aged and community care industry.
- Previously Chief Operating Officer, Mercy Health.
- CEO St John of God Ballarat Hospital from 2004 to 2011
- Director of St John of God Foundation Ltd
Dr Mark Lubliner
B. Med Sci (Hons), MBBS, MBA, FRACMA, MAICD
Group Director Medical Services – Appointed July 2012
- Extensive international medical care and health management experience, including strategic planning and service redesign, clinical governance, and enterprise risk management at The Alfred, Cabrini Health and South East London Strategic Health Authority.
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Monash University.
- Fellow, Williamson Community Leadership Program.
- Australian Medical Council and ACHS Surveyor
- Represents the private sector on various Commonwealth and State committees including Private Hospital Sector Committee for the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care, and Victorian Consultative Council on Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity
Ms Rita Maguire
Group Director Workforce - Appointed November 2012
- More than 20 years’ experience in human resources management in the private and public sectors of the healthcare industry including Ramsay Health Care and independent consultancy.
- Significant achievements as a senior executive including Australian Employer of the Year Award 2009 and Community and Health Services Industry Award 2009.
Dr Alexius Taylor Julian
Acting Group Director Information Services & Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO)
- Appointed as the Organisation’s inaugural CMIO in April 2016, and commenced the acting position of GDIS in February 2017
- Experience in the development and implementation of clinical and non-clinical ICT systems in public and private hospital environments.
- Training and experience in medical leadership, service improvement methodology and project management
- Maintains connection to clinicians via his continuing role as a locum surgical assistant
- Previous roles include Medical Leadership Advisor for the WA Institute for Health Leadership, Clinical Lead for ICT Commissioning at Fiona Stanley Hospital, Doctor at public and private hospitals in WA.
- Also serving as a Member of the Board for the Child and Adolescent Health Service of WA.
Mr Bryan Pyne
Group Director Finance – Appointed October 2007
- 24 years’ experience in finance including more than 18 years with St John of God Health Care.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Recipient of the 2010 40 under 40 Award (WA).
- Member of The University of Notre Dame Finance Audit and Risk Committee.
Mr John Pease
LLM (with distinction), FGIA
Group Director Governance – Appointed October 2014
- Substantial experience leading teams of governance professionals in the areas of risk management, compliance, internal audit, legal services and company secretariat, across a number of highly regulated sectors including banking and finance, higher education and electricity networks.
- Previous roles include eight years as Western Power’s General Counsel and Company Secretary, in addition to a similar role at Murdoch University and BankWest, private legal practice, the courts’ administration and government.
- Completed a Master of Laws (with distinction) in 1998 from the University of Western Australia.
Mr Kevin Taylor
BSc, GAICD, Grad Cert CLC
Executive Director Community Services – Appointed April 2008
- Management experience within the healthcare industry spanning more than 30 years.
- Previously undertaken roles within St John of God Health Care as Chief Executive Officer, St John of God Pathology and Group Director Corporate Services
- Externally recognised for his role in establishing nursing, pathology and rural health programs in Timor-Leste.
- Board member of Mosaic Community Care and Ngarluma Tharndu Karrungu Maya Ltd and St John of God Hauora Trust
Ms Marcelle Mogg
MBA, B Soc Sc (Pastoral Studies), Dip App Sc (Nursing)
Group Director Mission Integration – appointed November 2016
- 25 years’ experience in the professional leadership and management of large-scale health and social service organisations in the Catholic not-for-profit sector.
- Formerly CEO Catholic Social Services Australia and has held senior Mission and management positions with St Vincent’s Health Australia
- Completed a Masters of Business Administration in 2014 at the University of Melbourne following degrees in social sciences and nursing.
- Commenced Masters in Spiritual Direction, Melbourne College of Divinity.