Mr Tony Howarth
AO, CitWA, Hon LLD WAust, SF Fin, FAICD
Chairman since January 2004 – Appointed in May 2001
- Executive career in local and international banking and finance, with senior positions in regional and major banks, building societies and stockbrokers.
- Chairman MMA Offshore Limited; non-executive director, Wesfarmers Ltd, BWP Management Pty Ltd, Alinta Energy and Viburnum Funds Pty Ltd; Chairman of Western Australian Rugby Union
- Past Chairman Alinta Limited, Home Building Society Ltd, the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the International Chamber of Commerce of Australia, the Committee for Perth, and Deputy Chairman of Bank of Queensland Ltd and the University of Western Australia Senate.
- Deputy Chair UWA Business School and Adjunct Professor (Fin. Mgt.) UWA Business School.
Mr Mark Bahen
Deputy Chairman since February 2012 – Appointed January 2008
- Former Partner of Clayton Utz Solicitors, practising in corporate and commercial law.
- Headed the health service and agribusiness divisions of Clayton Utz’s Perth office, providing legal services to St John of God Health Care for 10 years.
- Chairman of Consolidated Pastoral Pty Ltd.
Dr Michael Stanford
CitWA, MB BS (UNSW), MBA (Macq U), Grad cert LCC (ACU), FAICD, FAFPHM, FAIM
Group Chief Executive Officer
- Appointed Group CEO of St John of God Health Care in February 2002.
- More than 30 years’ experience in healthcare management – the last 23 years as Chief Executive Officer of large, complex, multi-campus healthcare organisations.
- Non-executive director of Curtin University, Australian Clinical Labs and WA Chamber of Arts and Culture
2010 WA Citizen of the Year Award winner in the industry and commerce category.
- Under Dr Stanford’s leadership, St John of God Health Care has significantly expanded its number of operating divisions, greatly diversified its range of services, increased five fold its size in terms of revenue, and become a recognised leader in the provision of high quality healthcare.
DR Rosanna Capolingua
MB BS FAMA FAICD
Appointed January 2010
- Career built in general medical practice.
- Involved in under graduate and post graduate medical education, professional development and ethics, serving on medical and National Health and Medical Research Council ethics committees.
- Current positions: Chair of the WA Immunisation Strategy Committee, Deputy Chair of the WA North Metropolitan Area Health Service and Chair of its Quality and Safety Committee, Member of the Alcohol and other Drugs Advisory Board of the Mental Health commission, Chair of AMA (WA) Services Pty Ltd, Medical Director of the AMA (WA) Youth Foundation, and a member of the Board of Governors of The University of Notre Dame, Australia.
- Past Positions: Federal President of the Australian Medical Association, Chair of Governing Council Child and Adolescent Health Services, Chair of Australian Medical Publishing Company, Member Board of Medical Defence Australia, Member Board of UWA Raine Foundation, Chair of Healthway, Member Board of MercyCare, Australian Representative to the World Medical Association.
Dr Julie Caldecott
Appointed January 2015
- More than 20 years’ experience as a consultant to the public and private sectors, with a focus on consumer goods and health, for Boston Consulting Group (BCG) as a Director and Partner until 2011.
- Trained as a medical practitioner prior to joining BCG and has an MBA from Melbourne Business School, University of Melbourne.
- Director Victorian Major Transport Infrastructure Board and the Victorian Registrations and Qualifications Authority.
- Previous board memberships include non-executive directorships at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, the Transport Accident Commission, Victoria and the Institute for Safety, Compensation and Recovery Research.
Dr Michael Levitt
Appointed January 2016
- Member of clinical staff at St John of God Subiaco Hospital since 1990, including Director of Medical Services from 2005 until 2013.
- Long serving member of the St John of God Subiaco Hospital Medical Advisory Committee for 13 years, including four years as Chairman.
- Member of clinical staff at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital where he held various senior roles from 1990-2005.
- Current Medical Co-Director at Osborne Park Hospital.
- Member of the Medical Board of WA since 2015.
Hon Robert Knowles
Appointed November 2014
- Holds commercial directorships at Beyond Blue, Global Health Ltd, Drinkwise Australia Ltd, Silver Chain Group Ltd and IPG Ltd.
- Member of the Victorian Parliament from 1976-1999 and responsible for a number of portfolios, including Minister for Health from 1996-1999 and Minister for Aged Care from 1996-1999.
- Current Chair of the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, and Commissioner of the National Mental Health Commission.
- Awarded an Officer of the Order of Australia in 2007 for service to the community through a range of aged care, mental health, research and cultural activities and his work in the Victorian government.
Mr Justin Carroll
Appointed January 2015
Managing Partner of PwC Australia’s Perth office and has more than 26 years’ experience in the provision of external audit, due diligence and advisory services.
A Governor and Director of The University of Notre Dame Australia (UNDA) and chair of UNDA’s Finance, Risk and Audit Committee.
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, a registered Company Auditor and holds a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance from the University of Western Australia.
Mr Peter Prendiville
Appointed May 2012
- Chairman of Prendiville Group, his family-owned and operated group of hotels which includes multi-award winning Sandalford Wines, Tradewinds Hotel, Pier 21 Resort, Norfolk Hotel in Fremantle, Karratha International Hotel, Mangrove Hotel, and the iconic Cottesloe Beach Hotel and Hotel Rottnest.
- A Trustee, Director and Deputy Chancellor of The University of Notre Dame Australia, and has been involved with the university since its inception.
Mr Jack de Groot
Appointed November 2016
- CEO of St Vincent de Paul Society NSW, one of the largest Social Service Agencies in NSW specialising in homelessness and disability services.
- More than 17 years’ experience as a senior executive in the not-for-profit sector including 13 years as Chief Executive Officer of Caritas Australia, one the country’s biggest international aid and development agencies.
- Previously the Group Leader of Mission at St Vincent’s Health Australia, the biggest not-for-profit provider of health and aged care services in Australia.
- Chair Board of Jesuit Mission, Board Member Catholic Social Services Australia and a member of the Board of Governors of The University of Notre Dame, Australia.
- Previous board memberships include St John of God Health Care, Uniya, One World Centre, Act for Peace, Companions Volunteer Communities, Edmund Rice Centre, Australian Catholic Social Justice Council, Catholic Social Services Victoria, and The Australian AIDS Fund.